According to the brilliant Karl Lagerfeld himself, "One is never overdressed or underdressed with a little black dress." It's a must-have for every girl and a classic closet staple that you'd never regret investing in. Herewith, 10 celebrity outfit pegs for your LBD:
1. Kim Jones looked sleek in her body-hugging, tea-length dress that showed off her curves. She completed her OOTD with black pointy-toed pumps, a gold minaudière, and a punchy red lip.
2. It girl Georgina Wilson was clad in Balmain during the star-studded NYFW party in New York. Her weapon of choice comes in tailored perfection—a velvet, double-breasted mini dress.
3. Model and TV host Mari Jasmine went the boho route and opted for a knitted sweater dress topped off with a wide-brim hat and a long necklace.
4. Anne Curtis showed off her flawless leg in a black slit dress and then paired it off with a set of sexy Giuseppe Zanotti mules.
5. We’re loving Maxene Magalona and Robby Mananquil’s all-black couple OOTD. See how Maxene gave a pop of color to her black dress with a bold purple pout.
6. As for Julia Barretto, a pair of red-soled Louboutins is the perfect match to her LBD.
7. How about something in lace? Toni Gonzaga’s take on the classic LBD comes in sheer goodness by Rajo Laurel.
8. Soon-to-be mommy Marian Rivera is rocking her pregnancy. On a date night with husband Dingdong Dantes, we spotted her in a chic black tunic dress paired with bejewelled flats while lugging around her Birkin.
9. Sofia Andres gave her LBD a casual spin, matching it with a pair of metallic flatform sandals and wayfarer sunglasses.
10. Megan Young is looking preppy in her LBD. Cop her beauty queen-approved equation and opt for a collared black dress to go with your printed sneakers.
Photo credits: @meganyoungootd, @iamsofiaandres, @kimcamjones, @therealmarian, @juliabarretto, @celestinegonzaga, @maxenemagalona, @annecurtissmith, @mari_jasmn, @ilovegeorgina on Instagram