It’s difficult to think of a structure that’s as easy to find as a flight of stairs. They’re everywhere (literally), and thus, make for reliable photo-op backgrounds when you’re running out of ideas. In fact, Instagram influencers have taken quite a liking to posing by stairs—you’ll often spot Ida Anduyan striking her signature off-beat poses by a flight of stairs, or Ashley Garcia looking candidly nonchalant at the foot of a staircase. There are infinite poses you can do, and we’re here to narrow them down to a few that’ll look great on your Instagram feed.
Here Are 15 Ways to Pose on a Staircase, According to Influencers:
1. Staircases are visually interesting enough that sometimes, you don’t even need to interact with them for your photo at all. Just use it as a backdrop and pose like you would against a plain wall.
2. Put one hand and the opposite elbow on the railing, then look away. Keep it effortless-looking by acting as though you’re waiting on someone.
3. This works best when the staircase’s risers are decorated. Highlight their design by angling the camera right in front of the stairs, and striking a pose.
4. Stand at the very first step of the staircase, place one elbow on the railing, and look away. For added height, place one leg in front of the other.
5. You can also opt to take a seat, using the floor in front of you to extend a leg. For a little fun, sit straight up and keep a hand to the side of your face.
6. Acting bored never looked so good. Sit a few steps up on a staircase, and put a knee up to prop an elbow on. Gently place your head on your hand and put your best RBF on.
7. Take a seat on the stairs and cross your legs. Then, look candid by using your bag as a prop to place down and around as the camera snaps.
8. If you’re not afraid of being a little extra, lie all the way down on a staircase. Prop your head up with your hand, and perform the mermaid sitting position as gracefully as you can.
9. If you’re wearing an outfit with the back as a focal point, try this: climb up the stairs with your back turned to the camera and snap a photo. Among all the poses on our list, this is one of the easiest to pull off.
10. Keep things light and fun with this cute-as-a-button pose. Climb up a staircase midway, look back, and kick a leg up. Don’t forget to show off those pearly whites while you’re at it!
11. Use a staircase’s railing as a platform to prop your elbow up and hold your face. You can even zoom the frame in, creating a cool beauty shot to use for your next profile picture.
12. A landing ground in between flights of stairs works just as well as the steps itself. Make your way to the middle, turn your back, and peep slightly at the camera.
13. Put a staircase wall to use by leaning against it. Allow it to get some body angles going, with one shoulder slightly higher, and one knee pushed forward.
14. As you go down a staircase, stop, look up at the camera. “Smize” as well as you can for a fierce-yet-effortless pose.
15. This pose comes down to the angle it’s shot in. Make sure to prop your camera really low, then get to posing. Place a hand on the staircase, jot out a hip, and stare down as though you’ve spotted your greatest enemy.
Preview is now on Quento! Click here to download the app for iOS and Android and enjoy more articles and videos from Preview and your favorite websites!