Shortly after the Miss Universe 2020 National Costume competition, our candidate Rabiya Mateo took to Instagram live to address her supporters. Visibly crying and distressed, she told viewers she felt overwhelmed after her performance.
This Instagram live followed after some netizens shared their disappointment on the incomplete national costume.
With red eyes, she apologized to the people who were disappointed in her, saying she did her best even cutting herself and bleeding in her stockings while preparing to walk the runway. She continues saying, “I know I did my best. I kept fighting,” while describing her lack of time to retouch her look because she was scrambling for pins to wear the costume perfectly.
Rabiya felt “really great” while strutting down the runway especially seeing the judges and Filipino audience cheering and clapping for her. Before ending the live, Rabiya thanked everyone for their support and hopes that the country is proud of her, “Our goal really is, you know, to make our country proud. Kaya sana sana sana maging proud kayo sa akin kasi it’s never easy pero kinakaya ko para sa inyo lahat.”
Supporters quickly took to social media to show their love for Rabiya after she went live.
Tomorrow the 24-year-old Ilongga beauty queen takes the stage again in the Miss Universe Preliminary competition which will air on the Lazada Philippines app on May 15, 2021 7:00 AM PHT.
READ MORE STORIES ON MISS UNIVERSE 2020 HERE:
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Rabiya Mateo
- Here's How This Local Shoe Brand Became Miss Universe 2020's Official Footwear
- Rabiya Mateo Reveals She'll be Wearing Pia Wurtzbach's Earrings to Miss Universe 2020
- Rabiya Mateo's Miss Universe Wardrobe Will Showcase More Than 100 Designers
- All the Details of Rabiya Mateo's Stunning Philippine Flag-Inspired Gown
- Rabiya Mateo Looks Stunning Without Makeup and Here's Proof
- Rabiya Mateo Wore a Sexy Slip Dress Inspired by Philippine Gold
- Here's a Glimpse of Rabiya Mateo's Signature Pageant Walk "Halabira"
- Rabiya Mateo Wore a Gorgeous Sheer Dress Inspired by the Barong Tagalog
- Rabiya Mateo Fell Into A Pool During A Miss Universe Photoshoot And Handled It Like A Total Pro
- All the Most Jaw-Dropping National Costumes from Miss Universe 2020
Preview is now on Quento! Click here to download the app for iOS and Android and enjoy more articles and videos from Preview and your favorite websites!