There are women who can effortlessly strike a fierce pose anytime, anywhere—oh, how we envy them—and there are some who need a little help. But just because you're not super comfortable in front of the camera yet doesn't mean you should settle for mediocre Instagram posts.
Here are some celebrity-approved poses you can try if you're a bit camera-shy:
1. Like Nadine Lustre, look away and let your photo speak for itself.
2. Use your hat and add a little mystery to your pose. Take your cue from Maja Salvador!
3. Make like Mari Jasmine and shield your face from the sun (or, you know, from the camera) and still look cute.
4. Keep your eyes closed and add some drama to your shot. Allow Liza Soberano to demonstrate.
5. Use a prop to subtly shift their attention to a different focal point. Here's Kathryn Bernardo teaching us how to #unselfie like a pro.
6. Not ready for a photo? One word: SHADES. Cop Kelsey Merritt's posing tricks below!
7. Better yet, shake those nerves and just laugh! This works wonders for Bea Alonzo.
*This story originally appeared on Cosmo.ph. Edits have been made by the Preview.ph editors.