Here are the GCQ-HR and ECQ travel guidelines according to the Department of Tourism:
These tourism activities are suspended effective immediately:
- Point-to-point flights for leisure
- Any type of non-essential travel to and from NCR Plus
- Indoor tourist attractions
- Staycation hotels
- DOT-accredited hotels and resorts outside NCR Plus are not allowed to accept leisure guests from NCR Plus
- Mass gatherings, including social events and Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, and Exhibitions (MICE)
These are the only travel-related activities allowed:
- Returning flights for travelers residing in NCR Plus
- Travel of Authorized Persons Outside their Residences in and out of NCR Plus
- Those who are already checked-in for staycation as of July 29 may continue their stay until the last day of their original booking.
The Department of Tourism, in a statement, urged their stakeholders, particularly the hotel operators, travel agencies and airlines, to allow affected guests to rebook without charges.
*This story originally appeared on Spot.ph. Minor edits have been made by the Preview.ph editors.
Preview is now on Quento! Click here to download the app for iOS and Android and enjoy more articles and videos from Preview and your favorite websites!