As easy as celebrities make it seem, taking good photos at the beach isn't always a breeze. Posing can be such a struggle, especially if you're super camera shy. But here's a secret: you don't have to rely on technical stances to get a good shot. Something simple and candid will often do the trick, and Maine Mendoza's feed is full of ideas. The beach-loving TV host has mastered posing in a swimsuit without even looking like she tried!
Want the same vibe for your photos? Keep scrolling for ideas!
8 Cool and Candid Swimsuit Poses to Copy from Maine Mendoza
1. Going island hopping? Hop on one edge of your boat to capture both your OOTD and the view! Like Maine, tilt your body to one side and stretch out one leg to elongate your body in the shot.
2. To subtly show off the back details on your swimsuit, try taking photos from the side instead of completely facing away from the camera. Don't forget to arch your back for some shape!
3. If you want to show off your beach bod but are a little camera shy, candid photos are the way to go. Cop Maine's stance and look to the side while "fixing" your hair with one hand. Plus points if your photographer captures you mid-laugh!
4. Maine has practically mastered the half-body OOTD. The secret? Let your arms and expression do the work. The more relaxed the pose, the better!
5. Good candid shots are always taken in the middle of a "proper" photo session. So start off by taking regular OOTDs by the beach, and let them come to you naturally as outtakes!
6. We know what you're thinking: jump shots are so early 2000s. But we beg to differ. Taking the photo from a low angle and a more casual body position (no arms above your head) will instantly update the concept.
7. Hats won't only add flair to your beach look, it's the best accessory for striking a cool pose, too! It'll easily save you from worrying about where to put your hands.
8. Don't let that sunlight go to waste—bask in it. This arms-up pose is another of Maine's go-to's, and you can totally switch up its vibe just by changing your facial expression.
Preview is now on Quento! Click here to download the app for iOS and Android and enjoy more articles and videos from Preview and your favorite websites!