Magnolia Bakery is a New York-based dessert shop that became famous for its cupcakes after a 30-second appearance on HBO's Sex and the City. But besides the cupcakes that have its signature frosting, Magnolia Bakery is also popular for its oh-so-sweet banana pudding.
If you want to recreate your own Magnolia Bakery-style banana pudding, Eater shared the banana pudding recipe of Bobbie Lloyd, the chief baking officer of Magnolia Bakery.
Want to give it a try?
Magnolia Bakery Banana Pudding ingredients
- 4 to 5 ripe bananas, sliced
- 11-ounce box of vanilla wafers (preferably Nilla Wafers)
- 3 cups of heavy cream
- 3.4-ounce package of instant vanilla pudding mix (preferably Jell-O)
- 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups of ice-cold water
Magnolia Bakery Banana Pudding recipe
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and the cold water. Add the pudding mix in a separate medium-sized bowl and slowly whisk in the milk and water for about 1 minute, until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight.
- Whip the heavy cream until it forms stiff peaks. Carefully add the pudding mixture to the whipped cream and mix until they've fully blended.
- Spread a quarter of the pudding in a bowl (chef Bobbie Lloyd recommends using a trifle bowl), then add a third of the cookies and sliced bananas on top, just enough to cover the entire layer. Repeat this step twice and end with a final layer of pudding. For its finishing touches, you can add cookies or cookie crumbs on top.
- Cover the container with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours. Make sure that the cookies are tender enough before serving it. You can check this by poking the cookies with a knife.
*This story originally appeared on Yummy.ph. Minor edits have been made by the Preview.ph editors.