It can be tricky to take cute photos for the 'gram, even more so when you're a shy girl vacationing on the beach. We totally get the struggle finding the right angles and thinking of IG-worthy poses don't always come naturally! Fortunately, you can always draw some inspo from Gen Z social media stars like Sam Cruz. As expected from a certified island girl, Sam's grid is brimming with swimsuit photos that you can easily recreate!
Check out some of her low-key, shy girl-friendly poses below:
1. Turn your back to the camera and look over your shoulder. Another tip: Look for a scenic background!
2. If standing poses are too awkward for you, stay seated and rest your hands on your lap. Tilt your head a little to the side as you gaze at the camera.
3. A side view photo is another low-key alternative! As Sam demonstrates, itâs also a great way to show off your beach OOTD.
4. For that casual cool-girl aura, ask your photographer to take a high-angle shot. Cross your ankles to add visual interest!
5. Not in the mood to flaunt your legs? Sit on your heels while taking a dip in the water.
6. You can also bring both legs to one side and look out into the water. Super chic!
7. Posing with a friend can boost your confidence. Plus points if you can wear matchy-matchy 'fits!
*This story originally appeared on Candymag.com. Minor edits have been made by the Preview.ph editors.
Preview is now on Quento! Click here to download the app for iOS and Android and enjoy more articles and videos from Preview and your favorite websites!