This year’s 69th Miss Universe pageant stood out because of the world’s unprecedented situation. They also changed their semi finalists format with 21 candidates competing in the swimsuit portion then trimming it down to 10. With the tough competition, our representative Rabiya Mateo was unfortunately unable to clinch a spot at the top 10 eliminating her from snatching the crown. Filipinos all over the internet were astonished with the development but we can’t help but appreciate the Ilongga beauty for raising the flag so well! Celebrities and influencers also chimed in sharing their gratitude for our Miss Philippines!
Check out the personalities who shared their love for Rabiya:
Aces & Queens
Rabiya’s agency could not be prouder in their Instagram post.
Miss Universe 2016 Pia Wurtzbach
Miss Universe 2016 Pia Wurtzbach needed to take a breath before congratulating Rabiya in a series of Tweets then reminded everyone to be kind.
Miss Universe 2018 Catriona Gray
Miss Universe 2018 Catriona Gray quickly tweeted that the competition was tough but Rabiya still continued the semi finals streak.
Vice Ganda also expressed his love for the beauty queen.
Actress Andrea Brillantes was also grateful for Rabiya’s performance.
While Comedian and Vlogger Mikey Bustos described how Rabiya waved the flag with elegance and beauty.
Reporter Dyan Castillejo thanked Rabiya for representing the country.
Her stylist Em Millan also posted a photo with Rabiya.
YouTube personality and Sportscaster Angelique Manto emphasized how Rabiya fought immensely hard for the crown.
READ MORE STORIES ON MISS UNIVERSE 2020 HERE:
- • 10 Things You Need To Know About Rabiya Mateo
- • Here's How This Local Shoe Brand Became Miss Universe 2020's Official Footwear
- • Rabiya Mateo Reveals She'll be Wearing Pia Wurtzbach's Earrings to Miss Universe 2020
- • Rabiya Mateo's Miss Universe Wardrobe Will Showcase More Than 100 Designers
- • All the Details of Rabiya Mateo's Stunning Philippine Flag-Inspired Gown
- • Rabiya Mateo Looks Stunning Without Makeup and Here's Proof
- • Rabiya Mateo Wore a Sexy Slip Dress Inspired by Philippine Gold
- • Here's a Glimpse of Rabiya Mateo's Signature Pageant Walk "Halabira"
- • Rabiya Mateo Wore a Gorgeous Sheer Dress Inspired by the Barong Tagalog
- • Rabiya Mateo Fell Into A Pool During A Miss Universe Photoshoot And Handled It Like A Total Pro
- • All the Most Jaw-Dropping National Costumes from Miss Universe 2020
- • Rabiya Mateo's Stylist Addresses the Controversies Behind Her Miss Universe National Costume
- • Did You Know? A 21-Year-Old Pinoy Student Designed Miss Universe Cameroon's National Costume
- • Filipino Jeweler Reveals the "Missing Piece" of Rabiya Mateo's Miss Universe National Costume
- • 10 Best Evening Gowns from Miss Universe 2020 Prelims
- • The Real Meaning Behind Rabiya Mateo’s Yellow Evening Gown for Miss Universe
- • All the Miss Universe 2020 Candidates Who Wore Filipino-Made Gowns to the Prelims
- • Did You Know? Rabiya Mateo Wears the Exact Heels Pia Wurtzbach Wore When She Won Miss Universe
- • 10 Most Memorable National Costumes Worn by Miss Universe Philippines So Far
Preview is now on Quento! Click here to download the app for iOS and Android and enjoy more articles and videos from Preview and your favorite websites!