Year 2020 is going to be a breakthrough year for Apple as reports leaked of its planned release of an unprecedented six iPhones this year, among them, the mysterious iPhone 12. Here is everything we know so far about the iPhone 12 series.
1. It will come in six models.
Apple plans to cash in on the iPhone 12 craze by releasing six different models, one for every budget. According to a report by Forbes, the iPhone 12 will come in the following categories:
- iPhone 12 4G: 6.1-inch LCD, dual cameras
- iPhone 12 Pro 4G: 5.4-inch OLED, dual cameras
- iPhone 12 Pro 5G: 5.4-inch OLED, dual cameras
- iPhone 12 Pro Plus 4G:Â 6.1-inch OLED, triple cameras, Time-of-Flight (ToF) 3D sensing capabilities
- iPhone 12 Pro Plus 5G:Â 6.1-inch OLED, triple cameras with ToF
- iPhone 12 Pro Max 5G: 6.1-inch OLED, triple cameras with ToF
2. 5G Models will be entirely different from the 4G models
The iPhone 12 models will be differentiated by their capacity connectivity, and the 5G phones will be much more advanced compared with the 4G units. 5G stands for fifth-generation connectivity, which allows super-fast Internet connection, greater data capacity, and enhanced reliability, meaning less downtime for your phone’s Internet connection.
3. iPhone 12 will have long-range 3D camera.
Multiple sources haveÂ eaked that the iPhone 12 will be able to map your environment with its long-range 3D camera. It can scan and model a 3D image of your surroundings up to 15 feet. It has the potential to revolutionize current states of augmented reality platforms. This is on top of enhanced photography tools. Augmented reality through the iPhone 12’s camera is also expected to be one of the key selling points of the new phone.
4. iPhone 12 shifts to USB-C
When Apple introduced the iOS 13, it hinted at a USB-C charging upgrade, which confused iPhone users: Why would there be an upgrade for USB-C when our ports don’t support it? Apparently, it’s for the iPhone 12. Apple’s shift to the USB-C port is probably due not only to the more efficient recharging time, but also for universality.
* This story originally appeared on Esquiremag.ph. Minor edits have been made by the Preview.ph editors.