It looks like the world came to a halt for about 45 minutes today after Instagram experienced a global shutdown. The largest photo-sharing app suffered from outages as it refused to upload and show photos, while its web version only displayed a "5xx Server Error" message over an empty white screen. Simply put, it was chaos.
Obviously, people took it to Twitter to express their panic using the hashtag #instagramisdown—and suffice to say, their reactions were nothing short of hilarious! See the 10 funniest ones we spotted below:
1. Instagram be like 'it's not you, it's me.'
2. Let's be honest: We all felt like helpless, confused grade schoolers.
3. Don't worry. You're not alone.
4. Because Instagram is life, y'all!
5. Could be a divine intervention, sure.
6. Or, OMG, is it a terrorist attack? An alien invasion?!!
7. Now, please tell us what's gonna happen to our #flatlays and #selfies and #OOTDs...
8. And what are we supposed do with all this food now? Eat it?!
9. Instagram is the best medicine.
10. Because patience is a virtue, but unfortunately it's not ours.
Oh well, the good news is that Instagram's back to normal so we all can breathe now. Nothing like a fire drill for what seemed like the end of the world!