No-bake desserts are easy and delicious! Here's one that has both mangoes and sago in a creamy panna cotta.
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cooking time: 10 minutes | Ready in: 30 minutes
Yield: 2 | Cuisine: Asian | Cooking method: Simmer and Chill
- 2 7-gram packs instant gelatin (we used Knox!)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 50 grams small tapioca pearls (sago), cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup store-bought mango puree
- mint leaves, for garnish
1. Bloom 1 pack gelatin in 1 to 2 tablespoons cold water, about 3 minutes.
2. Heat milk in a saucepan over low heat. Add sugar and stir until dissolved. Remove from heat. Add bloomed gelatin and stir to dissolve. Let it cool slightly.
3. Transfer milk mixture to a clear glass, add half the cooked pearls, and refrigerate until set, about 1 to 2 hours.
4. Bloom remaining pack of gelatin in 1 to 2 tablespoons cold water, about 3 minutes.
5. Heat mango purée in a saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat. Add bloomed gelatin and stir to dissolve. Let it cool slightly.
6. Pour mango mixture into the glass on top of the set milk layer. Add remaining pearls. Chill until set, about 4 hours.
7. Serve chilled topped with mint leaves.
Main image by Lilen Uy
*This story originally appeared on Yummy.ph. Minor edits have been made by the Stylebible.ph editors.