The Miss Universe pageant is one of the most coveted titles, and winning the crown entails more than just getting a prize. The crown represents the Miss Universe organization’s advocacies and traditions, and titleholders have the privilege of carrying that prestige. Over the years, choosing the crown for this major pageant became more than just a luxury, but rather a necessity for the history and sentiments it shall hold.
What is the Miss Universe 2020 Crown?
The candidate hailed to be Miss Universe 2020 will be crowned once again with the glorious Power of Unity, a crown crafted by Lebanese jewelry brand Mouawad. The 11th crown since the Miss Universe inception in 1952, the Power of Unity crown is made of 18 karat gold and just a little short of 2000 white diamonds. Additionally, it has 3 golden canary coloured diamonds, symbolizing the new golden age of women, with a shield-cut centerpiece weighing 62.83 carats, all excavated from Botswana mine. The crown is intricately designed with petals, leaves, and vines, meant to represent the bond of women all over the seven continents.
Why is the crown called the Power of Unity?
As its name implies, the Power of Unity symbolizes the strength of unity, diversity, and power of women; reminding us that we are stronger together than apart.
How much does the crown cost?
In total, the crown costs approximately $5 million or around P239 million.
Who has worn the Power of Unity Crown?
Unveiled in 2019, Miss Universe 2019 Zozibini Tunzi first wore the crown when she won the title. However, Miss Universe 2018 Catriona Gray, had the honor of revealing the intricately bejeweled crown. Succeeding Zozi's reign and the second queen to wear Mouawad's crown is Mexico's Andrea Meza, the new Miss Universe 2020.
Who keeps the Miss Universe crown?
The Miss Universe Organization holds on to the original crown but a replica of it is given to the reigning Miss Universe for use during her reign.
Here's a closer look at the crown:
READ MORE STORIES ON MISS UNIVERSE 2020 HERE:
- • 10 Things You Need To Know About Rabiya Mateo
- • Here's How This Local Shoe Brand Became Miss Universe 2020's Official Footwear
- • Rabiya Mateo Reveals She'll be Wearing Pia Wurtzbach's Earrings to Miss Universe 2020
- • Rabiya Mateo's Miss Universe Wardrobe Will Showcase More Than 100 Designers
- • All the Details of Rabiya Mateo's Stunning Philippine Flag-Inspired Gown
- • Rabiya Mateo Looks Stunning Without Makeup and Here's Proof
- • Rabiya Mateo Wore a Sexy Slip Dress Inspired by Philippine Gold
- • Here's a Glimpse of Rabiya Mateo's Signature Pageant Walk "Halabira"
- • Rabiya Mateo Wore a Gorgeous Sheer Dress Inspired by the Barong Tagalog
- • Rabiya Mateo Fell Into A Pool During A Miss Universe Photoshoot And Handled It Like A Total Pro
- • All the Most Jaw-Dropping National Costumes from Miss Universe 2020
- • Rabiya Mateo's Stylist Addresses the Controversies Behind Her Miss Universe National Costume
- • Did You Know? A 21-Year-Old Pinoy Student Designed Miss Universe Cameroon's National Costume
- • Filipino Jeweler Reveals the "Missing Piece" of Rabiya Mateo's Miss Universe National Costume
- • 10 Best Evening Gowns from Miss Universe 2020 Prelims
- • The Real Meaning Behind Rabiya Mateo’s Yellow Evening Gown for Miss Universe
- • All the Miss Universe 2020 Candidates Who Wore Filipino-Made Gowns to the Prelims
- • Did You Know? Rabiya Mateo Wears the Exact Heels Pia Wurtzbach Wore When She Won Miss Universe
- • 10 Most Memorable National Costumes Worn by Miss Universe Philippines So Far
Preview is now on Quento! Click here to download the app for iOS and Android and enjoy more articles and videos from Preview and your favorite websites!