You can always count on ice cream to keep you cool during summertime. Though ordering in may be your best bet, craving the sweet cold treat on the daily could soon be a problem for your wallet. An alternative? DIY your own!
We’re not just talking about any ice cream, mind you! Thanks to a recent viral post on Facebook, you can now attempt to make your own homemade Magnum ice cream. After all, nothing beats the satisfaction of biting down at the Belgian-made treat’s rich chocolate outer shell, if only to be rewarded with the soft, creamy vanilla ice cream inside.
Is your mouth already watering? Let's get to it then! Below are the ingredients for the recipe provided by Raja Amanina and Siti Zubaidah Mohd Ruslan.
- Whipping cream or full cream milk – 2 cups
- Condensed milk – 1/2 cup
- Ovalette – 1 teaspoon
- Vanilla essence – A dash
- Dark chocolate or milk chocolate – 350g
1. Mix everything (except chocolate) in the blender until you get a soft and fluffy consistency (it should double in size).
2. Use a double boiler for the chocolate. When it all melts, let it cool to room temperature.
3. Pour the chocolate into a piping bag and pipe it into the ice cream packet evenly.
4. Add in the ice cream mixture (from step 1) into the ice cream packet.
5. Place in freezer for 5 to 6 hours. Enjoy!