Miss flying out of the country to visit the whimsical House of Mouse? Don't worry. With the current global pandemic forcing every Disney Park around the world to temporarily close down, they’re bringing the magic straight to your kitchen instead.
As part of their #DisneyMagicMoment series, a campaign that “lets you experience the magic of Disney wherever you may be,” the official Disney Parks Blog unveiled their own recipe to a timeless beloved sweet treat: churros! Available in all Disney Parks, this delectable, sugary, golden brown snack is the perfect finger food to satisfy your munchies while binge-watching yet another TV series during the quarantine.
Keep the Disney magic alive in your home and learn to make their churros below!
Note: This recipe serves four people.
- 1 cup water
- 8 tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups vegetable or canola oil
- ½ cup sugar
1. Combine water, butter, salt, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon in 1 ½-quart saucepan over medium heat. Bring pot to rolling boil.
2. Reduce heat to low.
3. Add flour and stir vigorously until mix forms a ball. Remove from heat and let rest for 5-7 min.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, and stir until combined. Set aside.
5. Using caution, heat oil in medium skillet or 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat or until temperature reaches 350Ëš.
6. Spoon dough into piping bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe 1-inch strip of dough over saucepan, cut with knife, and drop into hot oil. Repeat until churro bites fill saucepan with room to fry.
7. Fry churro bites until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon or mesh spider strainer.
8. Drain churro bites on paper towel.
9. Mix sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl. Toss in churro bites until coated. Place on serving plate and serve with favorite dipping sauce.