If you're tired of the usual "quarantreats" like sushi bake, pandesal, and basque burnt cheesecake, why not try a classic but with a twist? Presenting: chewy crinkles, but instead of the usual fudgy chocolate, they're made with cheese!
If you find the regular chocolate crinkles to be too sweet for your liking, then you have to try out its delicious cheese iteration. Check out this recipe we found below from Savory Easy:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup icing sugar (for dusting)
- In a large bowl, cream 1/2 cup butter and 1 cup sugar.
- Add the two large eggs and continue mixing until the batter is light and fluffy.
- Put in the 2 cups grated cheese and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract and mix well.
- In a sifter, combine the 2 cups all-purpose flour and 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder to break up any lumps in the flour. Whisk well.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave it in the freezer for two hours.
- Use an ice cream scoop to get the precise amount of batter and mold it into a ball.
- Coat each ball in icing sugar.
- Bake the balls in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes.
*This story originally appeared on Cosmo.ph. Minor edits have been made by the Preview.ph editors.
Hey, Preview readers! Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Tiktok, and Twitter to stay up to speed on all things trendy and creative. We’ll curate the most stylish feed for you!