Undoubtedly, the Philippines has had its fair share of victories when it comes to international beauty pageants; the Filipina’s grace, talent, and splendor have captured the attention and hearts of people from all over the world.
After Megan Young took home the crown in 2013, Filipino-Scottish Catriona Elisa Magnayon Gray became a strong contender for the title of Miss World as she made waves in the pageant. Here are 11 reasons why she makes us proud:
1. She knows how to work her angles!
2. She manages to have fun despite her busy schedule.
3. She looks stunning in a bikini.
4. And yup, even in a one-piece swimsuit!
5. She values friendship.
6. She helps promote the beauty of the Philippines through her travels.
7. She’s naturally stylish!
8. She's also a free spirit.
9. She believes in change and is actually doing something about it.
10. She encourages and motivates other people.
11. And finally, she looks stunning wearing a crown!
*This story originally appeared on FemaleNetwork.com. Minor edits have been made by the Preview.ph editors.