If you’re an avid viewer of Asia’s Next Top Model, then Julian Flores needs no introduction. The 26-year-old model and Filipina charmer from the reality TV show’s fourth cycle has a distinct pretty face you don’t easily forget and an authentic personality that’s often difficult to come by. With a penchant for rock music and grunge fashion, Julian is slowly yet surely making her way to the top.
Read on below and get to know 10 fun facts about this rock star of a model, as told by Julian herself.
1. “I was a government scholar in college. I took up BS Tourism, Hotel, and Travel Industry Management at Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila.”
2. “Never in my wildest dreams did I think of becoming a model. My first-ever gig was a runway show for Folded & Hung at Philippine Fashion Week. That’s way back in 2010.”
3. “I'm a sneaker, shorts, and shirt type of person—definitely not girly! If not for modeling, I will never wear heels.”
4. “I joined the Binibining Pilipinas pageant in 2014 and made it to the Top 15. There was a time my trainer told me to throw away all of my clothes because they wanted me to dress more feminine. But guess what? I still have all of them!”
5. “I’m a self-confessed miserable singer. Until now—when no one is watching—I’d pretend to be a vocalist in a band.”
6. “I love candies...and Milo!"
7. “I buy humor more than looks. My ultimate local crush is Jay Contreras of Kamikazee.”
8. “I love listening to indie-rock and OPM songs. My current favorite is Company of Thieves, Phoenix, and Chvrches.”
9. “I can't swim.”
10. “I spend most of my free days in bed watching TV series. Currently, I’m obsessed with Breaking Bad and Orange is the New Black.”