It's official and confirmed! Chinese heartthrob Dylan Wang is local brand Bench's freshest global face. Here, we've rounded up 10 fast, must-know facts about Meteor Garden's handsome teenage dream:
1. Dao Ming Si was his very first lead role! His swoon-worthy starring part in the 2018 Chinese adaptation of Meteor Garden skyrocketed him to international fame. How's that for beginner's luck?
2. Before getting into show business, Dylan was a 16th-level flight attendant and poster model for admission at Sichuan Southwest College of Civil Aviation, his alma mater.
3. He's on Spotify! Count us among the 114,000-ish folks who put the show's OST on loop daily.
4. His 20th birthday is coming up...in 17 days, to be exact. Dylan was born on December 20, 1998, in Chengdu, China.
5. Can't get enough of Dylan's matinee idol good looks? Here's where you can get another eyeful of him: He joined the Chinese variety show The Inn 2 just last October, managing an (you guessed it) inn with Meteor Garden leading lady Shen Yue for 20 days. Such a cute pair.
6. Word is that Dylan is the total opposite of the arrogant, cocky Dao Ming Si in real life! Rumor has it that he personally designed the iconic silver meteor necklace himself, then gave it to Shen Yue on her birthday. We ship.
7. Calling all K-pop fanatics! If you're a GOT7 stan, you have to see this precious snippet of Dylan chatting with Jackson Wang. Ahgases unite.
8. Dylan was the overall champion of the 2016 Sichuan Campus Red Festival—we have this event to thank for granting him his official entry card into the entertainment industry.
9. It was this Harper's Bazaar China editorial that first introduced him and the rest of 2018's F4 as a group! Don't know about you, but we remember the giddiness like it was yesterday.
10. Most recently, he was appointed the youth ambassador for Tour de France's Criterium de Shanghai.