Photographed by @gabbycantero
If weekday mornings for you mean rushing out so you don’t get stuck in traffic, then you need to decode this simply delish protein-fix recipe. As per our calculations, it takes five to seven minutes to cook a perfectly soft-boiled egg (boil it while you blow dry your hair to save time), a minute to prepare, and another five so you can enjoy devouring your breakfast; then you can roll out in a record-breaking 15 minutes!
Now you'll never have to skip the most important meal of the day, ever again.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
A large egg or two
Fresh Dill (can be substituted with parsley or cilantro)
Chili Salt from VL Farms (or chili oil)
HOW TO DO IT:
1. Boil water.
2. Bring it to a simmer by decreasing temperature.
3. Gently lower the eggs one at a time.
3. Let it bathe for 5-7 minutes: roughly 5 minutes for a runny gooey yolk, and 7 minutes if you prefer a yolk that is barely set.
4. Drain the eggs and run them under cold tap water for about a minute.
5. Peel the shell and carefully crack the egg in the middle using a knife or an egg-cutter.
6. Top with chili salt and dill.
7. Serve with toast, jam—and the Style section of the newspaper.