A great smize starts with smoldering eye makeup. See them on the lovely ladies who made it to our Midweek Celebrity Selfie.
1. Pick a focus point so that your eyes look fierce rather than lost. In this shot Bea Alonzo is looking just below the front lens on her camera phone. To emphasize a steady gaze, curl your lashes and coat with mascara.
2. Draw on a cateye. It instantly adds more drama, not to mention visually lifts the eyes like Janella Salvador’s winged flick here. Start by lining your upper lashline then extending a thin diagonal line out to the end of the wing. Connect both ends and then fill it in.
3. Want stronger eyes? Take cues from Anne Curtis and line your lower lashes, too. A fiercer smize guaranteed!
4. Groom your brows in an upward shape, instead of straight across. Follow in Kathryn Bernardo’s footsteps and tidy up those arches then set it with a brow gel in a shade that’s closest to your hair color.
5. A little shimmer on the inner corners can go a long way. If you want a party-ready look, cop Kris Bernal’s smokey eye makeup by taking the metallic route.
Shop the products here:
(Studio Sculpt Super Black Lash mascara, MAC; Long-wear Gel Liner, Bobbi Brown; Eyeliner pencil in Black Moon, NARS; Eyebrow Manicure, Shu Uemura; Fairy Dust Eye Shimmer in Lapis, Laura Mercier)
Photos via @robbiepinera, @santiagoraymond, @tingduque, @deniseochoa on Instagram