There's something about watermelons that reminds us of blue beaches and the sun on our bronzed skin. And since we're in a tropical country, we have an abundance of it that we can consume year-round—for DIY sheet masks, that is! Sarah Lee and Christine Chang of Glow Recipe told Vogue about the said fruit's effectiveness to soothe rashes, acne, and sunburns.
Here is a simple recipe that you can try if you ever have any leftover watermelons at home:
Glow Recipe DIY Watermelon-Rind Mask
1. Slice watermelon into discs and quarters, creating two-inch-thick triangular wedges.
2. Remove pink flesh so that only a hint of it remains on the rind (save them for snacking! LOL).
3. Chill rind in refrigerator for at least 10 minutes.
4. Using a knife, carefully slice the rind into paper-thin pieces, and apply directly to irritated skin until the cooling sensation subsides.
5. Now you can eat the remaining cubes while wearing your watermelon mask!
*This story originally appeared on Cosmo.ph. Minor edits have been made by the Preview.ph editors.