Planning to get inked? There are all sorts of tattoo placements you can choose from, may it be the hand, arm, or shoulder. But if you want your body art to be subtle, the ankle is an easy-to-hide spot that you'll surely love! Since it's a lowkey area, it's not easily noticeable and can be your little secret! Keep on reading to know more about this cool and subtle tattoo placement:
Does it hurt to get an ankle tattoo?
NGL, ankle tattoos can be painful since it's at a bony part of the body. Plus, there's less fat that can serve as a "cushion." That said, if you have a low pain threshold, you might want to go for small or simple designs.
How do you take care of an ankle tattoo?
- Regularly wash your tattoo with water and mild soap.
- Always apply sunscreen on your ankle to keep your new tattoo from fading, especially if it's colored.
- Avoid scratching or picking at your new tattoo. If your tattoo is peeling, don't panic—it's a normal part of the healing process.
- Keep the area moisturized. If it were to become dry, it could develop cracks and gaps in the design.
- Choose your clothes carefully while your ankle tattoo is still healing. Make sure your bottoms aren't rubbing against your fresh ink. Go for shorts or skirts. As much as possible, wear loose clothing!
- Wait for your tattoo to heal—which can take up to four weeks—before going on beach trips.
Ready for some ink inspo? Check out these small ankle tattoos that are subtle enough to be hidden:
1. Heart ankle tattoo
You can't go wrong with a timeless heart tattoo, TBH.
2. Palm tree ankle tattoo
If spending time at the beach makes you happy, you're gonna love this ankle tattoo idea.
3. Wing ankle tattoo
A wing tattoo isn't only aesthetically pleasing—it's meaningful, too. Sometimes, a person gets it to honor a loved one who has passed away.
4. Flower ankle tattoo
Here's a cute matching tattoo idea for you and your BFF!
5. Butterfly ankle tattoo
Butterflies are beautiful representations of transformation and freedom.
6. Eye ankle tattoo
ICYDK, eye tattoos are often associated with mystery and protection.
7. Thunderbolt ankle tattoo
This tiny tattoo looks pretty cool when paired with high heels.
8. Numbers ankle tattoo
Aside from symbols, you can also opt for numbers or dates that are important to you.
9. Mountain ankle tattoo
This fine line tattoo is so, so subtle!
10. Leaf ankle tattoo
Leaf tattoos can look just as delicate as floral ones.
11. Sun ankle tattoo
If you love being under the sun, this minimalist tattoo is made for you!
12. Infinity ankle tattoo
Thinking of getting a matching tattoo with your beau? An infinity ink can represent your lifetime commitment to each other.
13. Flower and leaf tattoo
We're in love with this dainty, realistic-looking floral tattoo.
14. Sparkle ankle tattoo
Fun fact: Fine line tattoos like this one tend to be less painful because they can be created using just a single needle.
15. Paw-print ankle tattoo
How about an adorable tribute to your furry friend?
16. Rose ankle tattoo
This rose tattoo is so dainty, making it easy to conceal!
17. Initial ankle tattoo
For something simple but impactful, you can have the initial of your loved one's name tattooed on your ankle.
18. Wave ankle tattoo
Let this wave tattoo remind you to go with the flow of life. It's a perfect option for beach babes, too!
19. Cross ankle tattoo
The combination of a cross and the word "faith" just makes sense.
20. Galaxy ankle tattoo
We love how this vibrant galaxy tattoo is still subtle enough to be hidden.
* This story originally appeared on Cosmo.ph. Minor edits have been made by the Preview.ph editors.
Preview is now on Quento! Click here to download the app for iOS and Android and enjoy more articles and videos from Preview and your favorite websites!