You don't need to hire a photographer for a quality profile picture—just ask your BFF! Here are some ideas from celebs to make planning and art directing super easy:
1. Let the camera capture your real, candid laugh.
2. Cross your hands over your chest and look away from the camera.
3. Match the background.
4. Take a photo of your photo!
5. Sport that natural flush with a post-workout selfie.
6. Look over your shoulder.
7. Take a picture of yourself with your favorite comfort food.
8. Flowers + natural lighting = a beautiful, effortless portrait!
9. The same goes for leaves, too!
10. Pose under a shadow for dramatic effect.
11. Went abroad? Casually pose with a famous landmark subtly peeking in the background.
12. How about a daring topless shot at the beach?
13. Capture your smoldering gaze in black and white.
14. A carnival serves as a great, colorful background!
15. And a bright wall, too!
16. Capture yourself riding a wave.
17. Maximize this opportunity if you're a guest at a wedding: Sit in the corner of the hotel room and have yourself photographed while looking outside the window.
18. Prove that even the grocery can be photogenic!
19. Flash photography is key when taking a photo in a dark place.
20. Try taking your OOTD at a busy crossroad.
This article originally appeared on Cosmo.ph.
* Minor edits have been made by the Preview.ph editors.