On days when you want to give your face a break from foundation, try these lightweight makeup products to achieve a clear, smooth complexion. Stay until the end for the skin care secret for getting rid of scars and discoloration so you can finally go bareface with confidence!
1. If you want a flawless face sans foundation, dab a pigmented concealer over blemishes and dark circles.
Revlon Colorstay Concealer, Robinsons Department Store
2. An illuminating base can bring out your skin’s glow and hide a dull, ashy-toned complexion.
Laura Mercier Foundation Primer in Radiance, P1550, Rustan’s The Beauty Source
3. For large pores and pimple scars, use a putty-like primer to smooth over unwanted texture.
IMAGE Banila Co
Banila Co Primer Blur, P1090, Glorietta
4. A layer of CC Cream provides the right amount of color-correction (hence its name!) while letting your real skin peek through.
Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF30, P1,950, Beauty Bar
5. Of course, the one true answer to skipping foundation is having an immaculate complexion. Aside from a consistent, daily skin care regimen, reduce scars and lighten dark spots through gentle chemical peels. Your dermatologist or facialist can do this for you, or you can DIY it with a product with BHA, AHA, or glycolic acid.
Pixi Glow Peel Pads, P1,390, Glamourbox.ph
*This story originally appeared on Cosmo.ph. Minor edits have been made by the Preview.ph editors.