The problem with taking selfies is that you have to do everything by yourself—look for the best lighting, fix your makeup, and find your best angle. To make things easier, we checked out Kelsey Merritt's Instagram feed to see how she does it. The Victoria's Secret model is a pro at it, after all. Check out the best tips we gathered below:
1. A play of light and shadows on your face creates a moody selfie.
2. The car is one of the best spots to take a selfie. Don't forget to pout!
3. Tilt your phone for the most flattering angle.
4. Whether you're under the sun or shade, here's a beach selfie angle that will always look flattering.
5. Who cares if you just got out of the shower? Messy hair is sexy, and you're looking fresh as a daisy!
6. The hand-to-hair pose always works, and there are many variations of it!
7. If all else fails, just do the peace sign and flash your biggest smile.
8. For Kelsey, it's really all about mastering the pout.
9. When posing in front of a full-length mirror, lengthen your body by bending your torso on one side, and stepping the opposite leg forward.
10. Crossing your legs makes your silhouette longer, too!
*This story originally appeared on Cosmo.ph. Minor edits have been made by the Preview.ph editors.