We know what you’re thinking: A red lip could be quite daunting, especially if you’re not used to sporting bold colors. But if there’s one celebrity who can make a fiery pout look so easy to pull off, it’s Janella Salvador. The young actress is undeniably a fan of crimson—and we don’t blame her! The right kind of red lipstick can instantly brighten your teeth, make your complexion appear rosy, and make your overall outfit seem more put together. Also, a statement lip could easily make you stand out no matter what you're wearing and where you intend to go.
Case in point: Janella’s numerous red lipstick looks that she’s sported to almost everywhere—from casual days out to red carpet premieres. She needs no excuse to swipe on her fave shade, and neither should you! But if you’re still not convinced, here are five of Janella’s best ruby-hued makeup looks you can take cues from!
1. When in doubt, a classic powder matte finish drawn to precision makes you look polished almost instantly. Janella loves to pair this look with crisp and clean white tops to make the color pop even more.
2. Want to wear red only to run some errands? We suggest you go with a brick-toned tint that's smudged all over the lip like Janella. The effect is more of a wine-stained look that's quite, as French girls say, je ne sais quoi.
3. If you want to add extra drama to your selfie (as if a scarlet pucker doesn't draw enough attention), why not add some slick gloss on top? This makes your lips look plumper and healthier—no need to worry about your lipstick cracking or looking dry throughout the day!
4. Not a fan of matte finishes but find gloss too high-shine to wear? Then opt for a satin or semi-matte finish! This seems to be one of Janella's faves; she's often spotted wearing a satin rouge lip, which you can tell if you scroll through her feed. These lippies are more comfortable to wear and work well with a little bit of eye makeup.
5. A deep bloodshot vermilion shouldn't scare you. It's a great color you can easily glam up in more ways than one. You can go all out with a neutral smokey eye and contoured cheeks, or keep it clean and classy with a black feline flick and perfectly shaped brows.
Which look are you willing to try? Sound off in the comments below!