Being an editor has a lot of perks, but just like most, we're always on-the-go. Countless events, meetings, shoots, and articles are all in a day’s work, but it means having our beauty essentials on hand is an absolute must. It may seem like we never have bad days but the truth is, we've just had more practice faking it and have a few secrets we’re finally willing to share!
Read on to see our personal makeup and grooming necessities—a.k.a our Style Bible life savers.
EUNICE’S KIKAY KIT
Prior to this shoot, I had no idea just how much of a crazy “lip” girl I really am—I apparently have been carrying not one but two tubes of purple lipstick. I don’t like doing any heavy retouching during the day and only bring around lifesavers (like concealer) and things I do need for touch-ups, like lip color and pressed powder, and maybe a couple of eyeliners and my fave shadow palette when I get the case of the day-to-night. My 12 (!) lip colors here have all been last-minute additions to the kit—you know, you apply them in the a.m. and then stash them in your purse—and I just never bothered to remove any. At any rate, turns out I’ve got ROYGBIV covered! You’ll also see some of my life essentials. So just in case anyone asks what the key to getting the Eunice look is, the answer’s pretty simple: oodles of Korean loot, LASIK eyedrops, allergy cream, and lots of painkillers, so I can go about my day, not worrying about anything… except, yeah, what lipstick to wear.
1. Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick in Bark. 2. VDL Tint Bar Neon Orange Gloss. 3. Clé de Peau Concealer Stick in Ivory. 4. VDL Festival Lipstick in 301 Gene. 5. Tonymoly Prestige Snail Lip Treatment Stick. 6. Lancôme Ombre Absolue Palette in A10 Roses de Bonheur. 7. Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Caramel Daisy. 8. Cellufresh Lubricant Eyedrops. 9. Tonymoly 7 Days Tattoo Eyebrow in Natural Brown. 10. Etude House Proof 10 Auto Pencil in Bangsu Black. 11.Too Cool For School Sunday Pack. 12. Banila Co. Lipstick in RG19. 13. Betnovate cream. 14. Collection Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner in Black. 15. K-Palette 1 Day Tattoo Real Lasting Eyepencil 24h in SB01. 16. Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in 05 Bellissima. 17. VDL Tint Bar Triple Shot Gradient Lip Gloss. 18. Etude House Sweet Recipe Dear My Jelly Lips-Talk JBE 101. 19. Advil Cold & Sinus. 20. Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Color in 13 Heart. 21. Alcon Maxitrol eyedrops. 22. MAC Archie’s Girls Lipstick in Boyfriend Stealer. 23. MAC Carine Roitfeld Lipstick in Tropical Mist. 24. VDL Festival Lipstick (Love Mark) in 108 Brody
IRA'S KIKAY KIT
Ever since I first swiped a neon red lipstick on my lips, I have been obsessed with bright lipsticks. It may sound weird but I keep at least three lipsticks in my bag other than what I have in my kikay kit. I like to switch up my lip color in every now and then. I also can’t survive without my eyebrow powder and pencil. My arches are almost invisible without the magic of makeup. Another key item would be my facial sprays: one to set my makeup and one to freshen and recharge my look. For my eyes, since I always go on heavy on the lips, I stick to my trustworthy felt-tip liner and mascara. The heated lash curler was an unexpected find in a gadgets store; I use this when I feel like my lashes need more curling a boost than regular lash curler. I normally wear BB cream before I leave the house so I don’t bring it, instead, I bring a long-wearing foundation and concealer for more coverage especially when I’m going from one event to another.
1. Tonymoly Aqua Aura Waterful Mist. 2. MAC Eyebrow Retractable Pencil Liner in Brunette. 3. Artdeco Sensitive Fine Liner. 4. Bobbi Brown Smokey /Neutrals Palette. 5. Etude House Glow On Pencil. 6. MAC Viva Glam Nicki 2 Lipgloss. 7.Tonymoly Fresh Cherry Lip Tint in OR201. 8. L'Oréal Miss Candy Nutrishine Lipstick in Miss Orange. 9. Barry M Lip Paint in Peach. 10. Barry M Lip Paint in Shocking Pink. 11. Etude House Sweet Recipe Jelly Lips Talkin JPK002. 12. Collection Cosmetics Long Lasting Lip Colour in Queen of Hearts. 13. Etude House Wannabe Lipstick. 14. Estée Lauder Pure Color Lipstick in Coral Fantasy. 15. Etude House VIP Darling Lipstick in OR204. 16. Etude House VIP Darling Lipstick in RD104. 17. Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Setting Spray. 18. Skinfood Choco Eyebrow Powder Cake. 19. Maybelline the Colossal Volume Express Mascara. 20. Chanel Lipgloss in 69. 21. MAC Studio Finish Concealer. 22. Benefit Cosmetics Fine One One. 23. Revlon Colorstay Foundation. 24. Heated lash curler. 25. Travel-sized buffing brush. 26. Tonymoly Crystal Light in Pink Beam. 27. Lash curler
KABBIE'S KIKAY KIT
I’m a loyalist in every way, so when I find something that works for me, I tend to stick to that product until it phases out. So these are my super trusty prettifiers which I use almost every day, and as you can see, I only play with lipstick and I’m obsessed with tools and brushes!
1. The Body Shop mini brush. 2. Solo “Kenkoy” Limited-edition pocket mirror. 3. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Sand. 4. Makeup Factory Automatic Eyeliner in 04. 5. Laura Mercier Blush Brush. 6. Sephora Airbrush Foundation Brush #55. 7. Hair Velcro. 8. The Body Shop Kabuki Brush. 9. Lancome Rouge In Love Lipstick in 337M. 10. MAC Archie's Girls Lipstick in Daddy’s Little Girl. 11. MAC Lipstick in Naughty Sauté. 12. MAC Lipstick in Rebel. 13. MAC Lipstick in Fashion City. 14. Julia lip brush. 15. Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler. 16. Etude House Gel Eyeliner in BK801. 17. MAC Cremesheen Glass Lipgloss in Meteoric. 18. T. LeClerc Powder Blush in Orange Braisée. 19. Shu Uemura Loose Powder. 20. Benefit Cosmetics The Porefessional PRO Balm. 21. Make Up For Ever Waterproof Eyebrow Corrector in 0. 22. Perfume atomizer (currently contains Lancome Eclat). 23. Lancome Virtuose Drama Mascara. 24. Kleenex oil-control film
JACQUE'S KIKAY KIT
Let's start off with the basics: I like mixing my liquid foundation with moisturizer to dilute the product and to make sure my skin is moisturized. I sometimes add a bit of highlighter to make it look dewy, then I only use my loose powder when I get extremely oily and if my oil blotters fail me. When I feel like playing with my eyes, I use Revlon's Photoready Palette, but when I'm rushing (which happens a lot!) I only apply eyeliner, curl my lashes, then apply mascara. My cream blush comes in two shades: Pinched when I want a subtle glow and Coral Reef when I want to look really flushed. Lastly, my little lipstick obsession, which usually manifests in getting similar shades, has me alternating depending on my mood and when the event calls for it. As you can see, I am obviously a brow and lip person; I'm always up to try new lipstick shades and brow products so be sure to hit me up if you have suggestions! And oh, I'm almost never without my current favorite scent from Acca Kappa!
1. Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Foundation in Petal. 2. Sephora Pantone Tangerine eyelash curler. 3. MAC Brow Set in Bequile. 4. Collection Extreme Felt-Tip Eyeliner. 5. Revlon Photoready Cream Blush in Coral Reef. 6. Revlon Photoready Cream Blush in Pinched. 7. Maybelline The Falsies Mascara. 8. Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer. 9. MAC Archie's Girls Cremesheen Lipstick in Boyfriend Stealer. 10. MAC Archie's Girls Satin Lipstick in Daddy's Girl 11. MAC Matte Viva Glam III Lipstick. 12. MAC Satin Lipstick in Captive. 13. Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Supreme Matte lipstick in MPK 376. 14. Chap Stick Cherry lip balm. 15. Make Up Forever Rouge Artist Lipstick in N28. 16. Revlon Photoready Eye Shadow Palette in Pop Art. 17. The Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals Loose Powder in Natural Vanilla. 18. K-Palette 1-Day Tattoo Real Lasting Eyebrow Pen in Grayish Brown (02). 19. Shu Uemura Hard Formula Eyebrow Pencil in Walnut Brown, 20. Acca Kappa Muschio Blanco spray
BEA'S KIKAY KIT
My stash is pretty basic since I’m no makeup junkie; plus if we’re being honest, I’m super lazy. I just need five things and I’m good: A facial wash so I can look fresh anytime (plus I don't like having makeup on my face for too long); a hand cream because I never know whose hand I’ll be shaking next; a lipstick because it’s so easy to put on; a mascara for my obsession with lashes since I’m not gifted with long ones; and an eyeliner to define my eyes because I always lose them when I smile. I’m proud to say though that because of my Style Bible girls I’m learning to appreciate makeup more by the day. I still have a long way to go but hey, at least I'm learning and trying!
1. Tonymoly Eyelash curler. 2. MAC Archie’s Girls Lipstick in Betty Bright. 3. Tonymoly Lip Gloss. 4. Smashbox O-Glow Cheek Color. 5. Lip Ice sheer lip balm. 6. Maybelline The Falsies Volum’ Express Mascara. 7. Clinique Facial Scrub. 8. Chanel No.5 Hand Cream. 9. Clinique Nudey Lip gloss. 10. Revlon 12-hour Eye Shadow 05 in Blushed Wines. 11. Eyebrow Pencil. 12. The Body Shop Liquid Eye Liner. 13. MAC Satin Lipstick in Captive. 14. Smashbox Studio Skin 15-hour Wear Liquid Foundation