If you've ever wondered how a Victoria's Secret Angel gets ready in the morning, then here's a treat for you! Josephine Skriver was generous enough to share her beauty tricks in her video for Vogue. We did the work for you and dissected her tips:
1. Always start with skin care. Great makeup starts with amazing skin. Josephine uses a face oil and a moisturizer to prep her face. You can use a serum or an essence if you're scared of feeling slick and sticky.
2. Use a lightweight base. Josephine applies a sheer foundation all over her face using her hands for a natural-looking finish. The warmth of her fingers makes the product easy to blend.
3. Only conceal the areas that need it. Again, our girl wants to keep things feeling light, so she just applies concealer on her under-eye area and wherever she has blemishes. After all, VS Angels get zits, too—they're human!
IMAGE Estee Lauder
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Flawless Concealer, P1450, SM Megamall
4. Don't forget the brows! Like us, Josephine is obsessed with her brows! "If your eyebrows are great, everything is great," she says in her makeup tutorial. She uses an eyebrow pen and pomade to draw tiny hairs that create an illusion of fuller arches.
K-Palette 1DAY Tattoo Real Lasting Eyebrow 24h, P795, Beauty Bar
5. Define the eyelids. Okay, we understand that you're too lazy to put on eyeshadow sometimes, but seeing how Josephine's eyes popped just by playing with neutral colors might finally convince you.
6. Apply mascara the right way. For larger than life peepers, she focuses her mascara application on the lashes located on the outer side of each eye.
7. Sculpt and illuminate. You probably think this step is too #extra, but trust Josephine, it's totally worth it! She uses a contouring stick for warmth and subtle definition, plus a creamy highlighter that gives her a goddess-on-earth glow.
Fenty Match Stix Trio, P3,050, Sephora.ph
8. Keep the pout natural. We love her trick to achieving pink, pillowy soft lips: Slough away dead skin and wake up the blood circulation with a toothbrush. Genius, right? No need for fillers or tint!
Watch her full morning beauty routine here:
*This story originally appeared on Cosmo.ph. Minor edits have been made by the Preview.ph editors.