(image via Lisa Maree Williams / Stringer)
Cara Delevingne is known for random crazy antics and we love that about her, plus the fact that she’s not one to settle for a mediocre red carpet look. During the Australian premiere of her movie Paper Towns, the Brit supermodel owned the spotlight in her emerald green Dion Lee backless frock. But of course, what’s a Cara Delevingne appearance like without a bold statement? Apart from her signature bushy brows, she sported strong cheekbones, a nude pout, and a show-stopping, dusky orange eye makeup.
Want to channel your inner Margo Roth Spiegelman? Below, we’ll teach you how to cop her look.
1. It ain’t Cara without those bushy, perfectly arched brows so grooming yours is of utmost importance. Use an eye shadow that matches your natural brow shade and fill it in carefully via light, feathery strokes.
TRY: Perfectly Defined Long-wear Brow Pencil, Bobbi Brown
2. The secret to flawless-looking smokey eye makeup is a base primer that keeps you from transforming into an unsightly raccoon by the end of the night. It locks your shadow in place and helps avoid caking and smudging.
TRY: Prep + Prime 24-hour Extend Eye Base, MAC
3. Using an eye shadow brush, set your base color and sweep a light coral shade from your lash line to your brow bone.
TRY: Diorshow Mono in Pareo, Dior
4. Next step is to give your peepers an intense, highly-pigmented color. Use a cream-based eye shadow in orange and apply it gently on the lid up to the crease using your ring finger.
TRY: Aqua Cream in Orange, MakeUp Forever
5. To give your smokey eye some depth, dust a darker shade in red orange right above the crease and blend in. Use the same color around your lower lash line with an angled eye shadow brush.
TRY: Red Brick eye shadow, MAC
6. Make your doe eyes pop using an eye liner in copper brown shade. Start from the outer corner and work your way in, then do the same on your lower lash line.
TRY: Larger Than Life Long-wear Eyeliner in Via Appia, NARS
7. To finish off your smokey orange eye makeup, don’t forget to curl your lashes and coat it with mascara to max up your smizing potential.
TRY: Lash Power Feathering Mascara, Clinique