There have been many hair color trends popping up on our feeds these past few years, like milk tea hair, "expensive brunette" hair, dessert-colored hair, and many more. This 2023, Pinterest reported that "Gemini hair" will dominate the trends. Here's what you should know about it.
What is Gemini hair?
If you're familiar with astrology, then you know that the nickname comes from its sign representation of twins. They stand for the dual personalities of those born under the Gemini sun. So as the name suggests, Gemini hair is basically having two-toned tresses!
If you're guilty of not being able to choose just one hair color for your dye jobs, this trend is totally for you.
Why the sudden rise of two-toned tresses, you ask? According to Pinterest, all the time we spent masked up got people thinking of different ways to express themselves beyond traditional makeup. "Non-traditional hair color is an accessible means of self-expression that stands out, even when you’re masked up," the site explained."It’s a mini-rebellion against not feeling seen for so long, and it feeds into people’s desire for authenticity."
LOOK: 7 of the Cutest Gemini Hairstyles to Try in 2023
1. This pink + purple combo reminds us of the candy Nerds—we're obsessed.
2. This festive dark green + red hair works year-round, too.
3. Gemini hair can be too jarring for most people, especially if it's your first time coloring your tresses. You can choose to keep one side of your hair black so you only bleach and dye the other.
4. This pretty pink + dark brown combo looks so, so pretty.
5. Not into bright, loud colors? Consider warmer hues like brown and red for your dual-toned tresses.
6. This black and blonde split is giving us big Cruella de Vil energy.
7. You'll definitely turn heads with this purple and teal color combo!
*This story originally appeared on Candymag.com. Minor edits have been made by the Preview.ph editors