We already thought Emily Blunt looked absolutely stunning at the SAG Awards today. But still, she had to take our breath away one more time by granting us one of the best hair moments of the night. Before standing up to accept her Best Supporting Actress award for A Quiet Place, the actress gave her husband John Krasinki a hug, an action that flashed her picture-perfect chignon to the camera.
Yes, we were stunned, too. The bun was created by hairstylist Laini Reeves, who was also kind enough to spill everything we wanted to know about the immaculate bun.
"[Her] dress is so graphic in design, so I wanted the hair to [complement] the dress by keeping the hair looking really sleek and shiny," she explains in an Instagram post. Here's a full breakdown on the process from the same post:
1. To get the hair as straight and as shiny as possibly, blow-dry the hair and use a soft brush to smooth it out.
2. Part the hair in the center and pull it into a slick low ponytail, positioned "as low to the nape as you can get it" before securing it with a hair band.
3. Spray the ponytaill and flyaway with a texturizing spray to help add waves.
4. "Roll the ponytail into the nape and secure with a barrette." (Laini used Lelet NY's Exes Crystal Barrette!)
6. "Set with a shaping and finishing spray for a high gloss finish."
If only our chignons were always this perfect!