Just when you thought you'd seen it all, here comes another makeup trend to try—though in terms of bases, we'd venture out and say this is the best one yet. Introducing drop foundations: these milky formulas have been around for some time now but are enjoying another season in the spotlight care of NYX's latest release, the much-hyped Total Control line.
So how exactly are drop foundations better than your regular ones? This breed is as thin as water but leaves a velvety, medium-coverage finish on skin! "A traditional pump would dispense way too much of the fluid," says cosmetic chemist Ni'Kita Wilson of the revolutionary applicators.
Also, they're really cost-efficient. Less than five drops is enough to veil your face in an unbelievably natural-looking semi-matte glow! To use, we recommend buffing 1-2 dots of foundation with a fluffy makeup brush. Anywhere between 2-4 drops will give you full coverage (tip: use a BeautyBlender!).
Aiming for that light-as-air, liquid-to-powder look? Shop our top 15 editors' picks below.
1. 3 Concept Eyes Glossing Waterful Foundation, P1580, sephora.ph
2. Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Serum Foundation, P3500, Rustan's
IMAGE Bobbi Brown
3. CoverFX Custom Cover Drops, P2379, sephora.ph
4. Dior Diorskin Nude Air Serum, P2840, SM Makati
5. Giorgio Armani Maestro Foundation, P3430, saksfifthavenue
IMAGE Giorgio Armani
6. Lancome Nude Miracle Foundation, P2500, Rustan's
7. MAC Studio Waterweight SPF30 Foundation, P1650, Rustan's
8. Marc Jacobs Beauty Re(Marc)able Full Coverage Foundation Concentrate, P2786, saksfifthavenue.com
IMAGE Marc Jacobs Beauty
9. Maybelline Dream Wonder Fluid-Touch Foundation, P499, Watson's
10. NYX Total Control Drop Foundation, US$14, nyxcosmetics.com
11. Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation Serum, P2750, Rustan's
12. Sephora Tient Infusion, P1072, sephora.ph
13. Smashbox Camera Ready BB Water, P2100, Beauty Bar
14. Stila Aqua Glow Serum Foundation, P2300, Beauty Bar
15. Yves Saint Laurent Fusion Ink Foundation, P3215, saksfifthavenue.com