The beauty world still isn't over highlighters—and with good reason! Glowing skin is practically timeless, which means finding yourself the perfect highlighter makes for a great investment. Luckily, it doesn't have to burn a hole in your pocket. Drugstores have a big pool of options for you to explore. To prove our point, we picked out 10 of the best buys under P1000 and gave them a good ol' test run.
Check out our thoughts and swatches below!
IMAGE Angeline Morales
IMAGE Gab Gutierrez
1. Revlon Photoready Insta-Fix Highlighting Stick in 210 Gold Light, Watsons; 2. Maybelline Master Strobing Cream in Nude, P399, Watsons; 3. Beyu Let It Glow! Highlighting Stick in Golden Glow, P725, Watsons; 4. Sleek MakeUP Precious Metals Highlighting Palette in Royal Gold, P875, SM Makati; 5. Canmake Cream Highlighter in 01 Luminous Beige, P560, SM Makati
1. Revlon Photoready Insta-Fix Highlighting Stick in 210 Gold Light
Gold Light shows up more as a light champagne pink on the skin, and its rosy undertones will only become stronger as you layer more product. The stick, when swatched, provides full pigmentation, but it needs a bit of warming up to blend seamlessly on the face. Make sure to apply it before powder to get the most out of its glow!
2. Maybelline Master Strobing Cream in Nude
This liquid-cream hybrid is no weakling. It gives almost a wet kind of finish to the skin without looking too oily. The shade is aptly named nude since it'll give light to medium, warm-toned Filipinas a very flattering sheen sans the chunky glitter. It does contain a bit of pink to it, but nothing too strong.
3. Beyu Let It Glow! Highlighting Stick in Golden Glow
The dome shape of this highlighting stick makes for a smoother and more accurate application. I've tried to highlight the inner corner of my eyes with it once, and no product ended up on my undereye area. It's quite small, too, so it's a nice multi-purpose product to just stash in your makeup bag. As for the shade, it's a warm light gold with just the right amount of glitter for a nice glow.
4. Sleek Precious Metals Highlighting Palette in Royal Gold
Royal Gold swatches as a light true gold with strong yellow undertones. Those with fairer skin will love this, but due to the texture of the cream, you might want to apply it with a small foundation brush than with your fingers. A brush will ensure a more even sheen that you'll want to set with one of the palette's powder highlighters.
5. Canmake Cream Highlighter in 01 Luminous Beige
The highlighter newbie will love this adorable pan from Canmake. It has a very sheer finish, which is great if you prefer a more natural highlight than a blinding one. Blending is not an issue since its balmy texture works well even on dry or lightly powdered skin.
IMAGE Angeline Morales
IMAGE Gab Gutierrez
6. Revlon Photoready Insta-Fix Highlighting Stick in 200 Pink Light, Watsons; 7. Beyu Hello Halo Highlighting Stick in Sunset Glow, P725, Watsons; 8. Banila Co So Strobing Stick, P865, Landmark TriNoma; 9. Maybelline Master Strobing Stick in Pink, P399, Watsons; 10. BYS Highlighting Stick in Glow, Watsons;
6. Revlon Photoready Insta-Fix Highlighting Stick in 200 Pink Light
The shade is called Pink Light, but on the skin, the color is more of a pearly white. However, it doesn't look too intense once the product is blended. It will definitely apply better over a well-moisturized base than a dry one. Those with oily skin might like it more since it has a slight powder finish to it.
7. Beyu Let It Glow! Highlighting Stick in Sunset Glow
Like Golden Glow in the same range, Sunset Glow is compact and easy to use. This shade will definitely suit deeper skin tones more, and can act as a bronzer and highlighter if you're too lazy to use separate products.
8. Banila Co So Strobing Stick
Looking for a pearlescent, K-beauty type of glow? Look no further. This one is definitely not sheer, because it leaves a strong pinkish veil even after blending. It has a slightly stickier finish than the rest, which makes it suitable for dry skin. If you're quite oily, it can double up as an illuminating primer as well!
9. Maybelline Master Strobing Stick in Pink
Unlike its liquid-cream counterpart, the finish of the Strobing Stick is quite sheer when blended out. The finish is more natural, and you won't be able to catch its pink undertone even if you're quite warm. Again, this one contains no chunky glitter, just a sheer veil of dewy goodness.
10. BYS Highlighting Stick in Glow
You'll never think that a rose gold highlighter will exist in the drugstore, but here it is. Being packaged as a pencil, it's more convenient for highlighting smaller areas of the face like the cupid's bow, the inner corners of the eyes, and the center of your nose bridge. You'll have to turn the product horizontally to apply a seamless layer on the cheeks. Or, you can blend it on the back of your hand first then dab the product onto your face with your fingers.
Hey, Preview readers! Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Tiktok, and Twitter to stay up to speed on all things trendy and creative. We’ll curate the most stylish feed for you!