BARBIE CHAN-FRIEBEL'S 10 RULES OF BEAUTY
1. The reddish-blue lip flatters everyone, whether light or dark skinned. It all depends on the intensity and boldness of the shade and of course on how brave you are!
2. When cleaning brushes, always use a normal hair shampoo. Then condition them to make the bristles softer. Remember that brushes are also made of natural animal hair!
3. Before applying foundation, make sure that your skin is well hydrated and exfoliated. This will tremendously help your foundation last longer and avoid caking.
4. When you have a pimple, try as much as possible to leave it alone. Do not pile on too much product because this can cause infection.
5. When curling lashes, look down and align the eyelash curler with the roots of your strands. Never look up while doing this or else your lashes will get stuck and you might end up with no lashes at all!
6. Lipliner should be lighter than lipstick. This is to avoid looking like you have two different shades on.
7. Never use black to fill in your brows. Always apply a medium to dark brown and just draw them on the sparse or bald areas.
8. Apply bronzer only on the contours of the face, cheeks and temples so it looks natural.
9. To make your face seem slimmer, use bronzer to contour the face on the sides and never on the apples of the cheeks.
10. A trick to allowing lipgloss to stay on longer is to apply powder first, blot it off then apply the lipgloss. Of course, also avoid “eating” the lipgloss!
Click on the photo gallery to see Barbie Chan-Friebel’s Preview Portfolio.