Dealing with adult acne usually calls for derma procedures and topical + oral medication, especially in severe cases. But Denise Larsson, a certified micro-nutrient specialist, took a different route: She relied on natural products to clear her skin. Curious to know what she tried? Here's her routine:
1. She soaks a cotton pad with a DIY bi-phase toner composed of water and jojoba oil.
Jojoba's texture is similar to our own sebum, which makes it effective in lifting oil build-up.
Wild Products Cold Pressed Jojoba Oil, P1,273, Sephora.ph
2. She then spreads a pure manuka honey mask on her face to lighten her scars.
Manuka honey has natural anti-bacterial properties, which reduces the possibility of pimples getting infected.
IMAGE Manuka Health
MGO 100+ Manuka Honey, P1,500/250g, Manuka Health PH
3. After cleansing her face, Denise dabs a fresh, clean towel to dry excess moisture.
This step is something that we may forget. Using a separate towel is more advisable because who knows what kind of germs our bath towels have!
4. For her final step, she applies tea tree oil on the inflamed spots.
This soothes the breakouts and helps heal them.
IMAGE Human Nature
Human Nature Tea Tree Oil, P295, Landmark
See her full post below!
What do you think? Are you willing to rely on all-natural skincare to take care of your complexion?
This story originally appeared on Cosmo.ph.
* Minor edits have been made by the Preview.ph editors.