Ponytails are perhaps one of the easiest hairstyles out there, and they're our go-to when we don't have time to get ready. But just because it's easy, doesn't mean it should be boring! Here are three ways you can reinvent this tie-and-go hairstyle and make it look professionally done fast:
EASY: 1 minute
Make your ponytail look neater and sleeker by putting a small twist to your high ponytail. It only takes a couple of seconds!
1. After tying your usual ponytail, grab a small section of hair and wrap it around the elastic.
2. Secure the section into the ponytail with a bobby pin.
3. Flip your ponytail over and insert two bobby pins vertically into the hair tie to make it look higher and help it stay up all day.
MODERATE: 3 minutes
Is a high ponytail too neat for you? Then keep your 'do effortless-looking and romantic with a messy, low ponytail.
1. Tie your hair in a loose ponytail that lets the shorter strands of your hair fall in front of your face.
2. Pull lightly at sections at the top of your hair to create volume.
3. Choose smaller sections of hair that you want to stay out of the ponytail and pull them out.
HARD: 5 minutes
Got the luxury of five minutes? You should definitely try this twisty ponytail out.
Watch how to get this look from the video below:
It gets a little confusing at first from all the sectioning, but hey, you learned how to braid eventually so this should get easier the more you do it. Practice on the weekends so you can be sure to do it right even when you're running late!
Now you have no excuse for a boring hairstyle!