The fountain of youth may be a thing of legend, but that doesn't mean it's completely nonexistent. Yes, there is no magical elixir you can take to reverse your age, but there are some tricks you can employ to make it seem that way. We spoke to Natsumi Murakami of team K-Palette Japan for easy tips on how to turn back the hands of time with minimal effort and maximum impact.
1. As you age, the skin sags and makes your face look flat, which in turn makes you look older. One trick is to use highlighter on your brow bone, cheekbones, and under the eyebrow for a face lift.
2. Apply your blush higher than usual. Instead of concentrating all the color on the apples of the cheek, make sure it sweeps upward and outward for a more lifted look.
3. For eyeliner, use brown-black instead of black for a softer look.
K-Palette 1 Day Tattoo Real Lasting Eyeliner 24h Waterproof in Deep Brown, P795, Beauty Bar
4. Age pulls your eye down and can make it look smaller than it is. To lift it, you can go higher and sharper with your eyeliner flick if you're doing a winged eye.
5. Mature skin tends to be drier. Pick out a hydrating liquid foundation to help lock in moisture and give skin a more dewy appearance.
6. The lips lose collagen as time goes by, creating the appearance of a smaller pucker. To remedy this make sure to highlight the cupids bow to lift up the lip and deepen the shadow under your lower lip slightly to create a fuller looking mouth.
7. Dark undereyes are usually an indicator of age, brighten up the area for a more youthful appearance.
K-Palette Zero Kuma Concealer in Type 2, P795, Beauty Bar
8. Use moisturizer before applying foundation, that way your skin stays hydrated and your foundation won't migrate into your fine lines or emphasize dryness.
9. Your eyebrows also tend to sag as you age. To lift them up, draw on a high arch to draw the eye upward.
10. When filling in your eyebrows, use a light shade and gentle strokes for a softer, more feminine look.
K-Palette Lasting 3Way Eyebrow Pencil in Mocha Brow, P795, Beauty Bar