It's an old saying, but a girl just can't always have it all—some days your outfit's on point, but your face just isn't cooperating (due to a breakout or stress-induced eye luggage, most likely). Find yourself in this all-too-familiar sitch? Allow us to propose 10 brilliantly bashful solutions: below, a roundup of ways you can hide and show off, all at the same time.
1. Irene Kim's classic mirror selfie provides you with the perfect excuse to use your phone (decked in an adorable case, natch) as a shield. Make the most of it!
2. Kim Jones is in on reason #92387423 as to why we love turtlenecks: they're great for concealing pesky chin breakouts.
3. Margaret Zhang takes the sakit ulo pose to a whole different level. Consider snapping your OOTD from above, arms raised dramatically over your face! It's a great way to show off all the tiniest outfit deets.
4. A summer staple, the floppy, wide-brimmed straw hat is great for no-makeup days, too.
5. Get smart like Renee de Guzman and peer bashfully out from the pages of a good read. Don't forget to smize!
6. Grab a blossoming branch a la Aimee Song and yank it over your face. We love things au naturel—thank you, Mother Nature!
7. Display a delightfully voluminous sleeve by tucking half your gaze behind it: a genius trick we're stealing from Yoyo Cao.
8. If you're toting a camera around, it makes for a fantastic prop; if not, you can peek behind a quirky-cute clutch or minaudiere, too!
9. Food is fuel for a shy-girl snap. Tuck your smile behind a coffee cup or an ice cream cone or whatever it is you happen to be craving for.
10. If you're lucky enough to catch it, a gloriously-timed flare of light is a stunning way to hide.